Sunday, March 12, 2006

I learn an interesting animal today - IIama

Today, my mummy and I spent the afternoon doing "magic colouring" on the Crayola Color Wonder Baby Animals Learning Book and I learnt about an interesting animal and a new word too. I learnt about an animal called a llama and it spits (yucks) when it gets upset. Interesting, right? Do you know what is a llama? According to the Cambridge dictionary, a llama is "a large South American animal with a long neck and long hair, and which is often kept for its meat, milk, fur and to carry heavy loads." My mummy helped me to surf the net and here's the link if you want to learn more about this animal - http://www.honoluluzoo.org/llama.htm. This page says,"When angry or attacked, the llama spits bad-smelling saliva at its perceived "enemy". Also, do you know what is a baby llama called? The answer will be revealed later. Hehe! My mummy remembered that I have some baby pictures that reminded her of a llama.





Hmmm... I must have been provoked by my Daddy's kisses!



The answer is "A baby llama is called a cria".

No comments: